The MP7A1 is a Submachine gun developed by German armament company Hechler and Koch to compete with the FN P90. The MP7 is small enough to replace either a pistol or a submachine gun, and falls into the Personal Defense Weapon category.
TECHNICAL DATA Edit
The technical data listed below is for P90 PDWs in service with Naval Station Great Lakes' NCIS Field Office.
- TYPE: Personal Defense Weapon
- LENGTH: 25.1 Inches (stock extended), 16.3 inches (stock collapsed
- WEIGHT:4.19 pounds
- ACTION:Gas operated with a rotating bolt.
- RATE OF FIRE:950 rounds per minute
- FEED:Box magazine, capacities range from 20 to 60 rounds.
- SPECIAL FEATURES:Picatinny Rails, 3-possition folding stock.
- RANGE:>250 meters
The MP7A1 is used primarily by CRT Medic Dawn Morgan has her prefered tactical weapon, although additional MP7s have been ordered for field trials by NCIS. The compact size of the weapon is a selling point, as they could be carried on covert assignments when firepower might be needed.